Wednesday 20 March 2013

March madness.

Well. Should I even acknowledge the lapse in time? 
There, I did. ;)
Lost a little bit of momentum there. 

navy blue polkadot dress
*slowly becoming a favourite

I've thought about this blog a fair amount during this last little hiatus. Something I'm learning with the new shift of balances in my time is the value of doing a little bit of something each day. Chipping away. I'm starting to find that I can fit in school and work with other hobbies including reading, sports, and (gulp) blogging. (Aaand a social life). The truth is, I actually do have a number of outfit pictures piling up. It's not that I want to broadcast "what I wear" to the virtual world, but that this was a project of creativity, and discipline. The discipline is going fairly well. I admit, I've caved a little. Nothing that threatens the essence of the 'fast' though. (For instance, I've bought new running shoes and clothes. But this is something I hadn't been able to purchase previously with all the focus on my frontline wardrobe). I really value these and other non-clothes items I've purchased since the fast began. When a purchase is well thought out and made with intent, you feel like the item is more of an 'earned' purchase. I am liking the feeling of being a 'responsible shopper' (there is a distinct difference between this and the bargain shopper, although they are not mutually exclusive).

Rose gold pyramid studs




I am hoping to keep posts simple and thus keep my project more up to date. I am thoroughly enjoying the creativity side as well. I admit, there are days when nothing comes though. I definitely use other style blogs for inspiration, and it is amazing what unveils itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment