Thursday 25 April 2013

Lunch Date

Lunch with Mom and Husband, Zucchini Blossom Cafe ~


A week or so back my husband (teacher) was on spring break, the second or third most glorious time of year for you teachers. (#1 being summer, #2 being Christmas). My work consists of the odd week day off to accommodate for the insertion of weekend shifts q4weeks or so (and now some of you have a clue as to what I do for a living! That was a little esoteric...I do apologize). Anyway with that said, we were both able to join my Mom who treated us to lunch at a local cafe.

Mom (she's so cute)

husband, bearded, for now

Enjoying soup and sandwich

My new duffle coat (ASOS)

Ah ha! Caught, red handed. I bought a new coat - however my old winter coat has ripped around the shoulders due to wear and tear and my husband told me more than once I should probably get something that actually functions as a coat! With permission (not too much persuasion needed) given, I found this coat on ASOS for half price! The joys of shopping out of season. You can see the sun is shining, but I am still toqued and scarfed (at least not mittened, heh?) On this day I might have been going for the accessorizing fun of winter items more than the sheer need due to the elements, but spring is definitely taking its time in arriving this year. (Something about a low jet stream...)?



After lunch, we walked back to the car and passed this relic. She is an antique! Beautiful, almost intimidating. Check out her birth certificate, below. What a neat find. It basically took over the property it was on, and probably prevented more housing from going up at one point in time.





And to finish off this post..it has occurred to me a couple times that maybe I should reiterate the premise behind my blog, for those that have arrived and haven't started chronologically. (I often read blogs in reverse chronological order, is that normal? I think so)

In short, I have decided to go on a shopping freeze, which includes clothing, shoes, accessories, and outerwear. I am on month 5 going on 6. 
Its been more fun than I thought it would be! It has forced some fashion creativity out of me, and I think I actually am liking my style more at present than perhaps a year ago. It is a fun indulgence to try and wear a dearly loved piece in many different ways. (Commonly termed 'remixing' on the style blogs I find myself reading). I have a couple favourite items, one blouse in particular, that I would go so far as to say, has given me fashion-shock in its versatility! (Future remix post, maybe) Needless to say, its been a great challenge, has stretched my wardrobe, and has allowed me to better budget my money elsewhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment