Thursday 15 November 2012

Brown eyed girl

Blouse, thrifted

One reason behind the title chosen for my blog is that my favourite colour to wear is brown. I think I can trace it back to a few repeated 'in store,' clerk delivered compliments received a couple years after high school, when my tastes started to neutralize. So often we receive compliments from store clerks that we really don't give their word much credit. But when you start to hear something more than once, the convincing unravels a little. I don't believe that I  base my shopping patterns off of what others, particularly strangers, say to me at time of try on; discovering what colours work (or don't work) for you is a process that others will often observe with you. And, when I can tell that a clerk's compliment was rooted in their gut reaction to my emergence from the dressing room, a compliment from a stranger can feel that much more flattering than one from say, your best friend.

I chose to leave the cereal box in this picture, it's amusing, no?


orange beaded gold earrings

loafers from Green's Shoes

Cardigan back detail, thrifted 

brass coloured beaded bracelet, a favourite


This happened when I tried to take a self-timed picture.
Looks like we froze a little there, Mac

After I snapped outfit photos I descended into the
 basement for a workout. Then I realized I hadn't
caught this blouse sans cardigan. This may have to be an
 intentional location for a future post!

No comments:

Post a Comment