Tuesday 13 November 2012

Let it snow!

Good evening! I would offer you a cup of tea if you would so kindly choose to join me in our little snow-ridden backyard...  
Here are some snaps of what I wore to work today. First day back in 6 days -- that were well spent re-coop'ing from surgery. I had a septoplasty done if you might be so nosy :^). There are no changes seen to my button outwardly, but its the inside that counts, of course.
Peter Pan collared dress; Dear Creatures via ModCloth
I wanted to capture this beautiful blue colour against the crisp blanket of snow we have been so kindly gifted with recently. It was challenging catching much post-able material considering I have moved on up to the self-timer of 'photo booth' on my Mac (if you recall, I utilized my iPhone in my first post ever!) So, this is only a sliver of improvement in technique: 3 seconds to wade through snow to a distance far enough to capture all parts of the outfit is just not enough time! Especially with my inexperience in finding the 'I'm not awkward, really, I'm not' pose.

Sweater from Smart Set

Boots: Miz-Mooz

The first snowfall each year really is beautiful. A pristine blanket for the world to hide under, what couldn't be more comforting? Especially in the cool air that visually reminds you with every exhale that you're breathing.  I adore the shapes it falls into on top of your various outdoor furnishings... geometric, symmetrical, silently still coverings that preserve the essence of what lies underneath, and couldn't have been carved to greater perfection. 

Deck furniture entering hibernation

First snowfall of 2012, Edmonton Global News

Tired eyes after gettin' back to the grind. It's a good grind, at least.




No comments:

Post a Comment