Sunday 18 November 2012

Swift as a fox

Cardigan, Ricki's
This dress just arrived in the mail yesterday. It was definitely love at first (web)site, but it wasn't purchased on a whim - I watched it completely sell out, went through nonbuyer's remorse, and was subsequently ecstatic to see it return to stock. (And then, on a second whim, into my cart it dropped, quite swiftly). 
It is heavenly comfortable for a dress, and equal parts charming -to please my young (appearing) self, and professional: I can easily assemble a polished look for work with it.  It was the last purchase I made after which I decided to go on my year long "clothes diet". (Perhaps I sensed a loss of control, what with how swiftly it went from not mine, to mine?)  


'Brick your place' earrings, via ModCloth
 These also arrived with the dress, as you must not waste any space in a parcel you are paying to have shipped to you. 
#unspoken rule of online shopping

As a child, I was a tetris mastermind: none of my siblings, friends, nor siblings friends came close to
matching my record score! So, you can see why these were a must-buy.

In addition to nostalgic reasons, I liked these because of the asymmetry. I have always had a penchant
 for asymmetric articles of fashion.

Belt, Le Chateau

'Foxtail and Fern' dress via ModCloth


No comments:

Post a Comment