Sunday 11 November 2012

Resolution: Nov '12

The idea of blogging has appealed to me increasingly over the last few weeks and months. Beyond having your own free parking spot in cyber-space, with no parking tickets for expressing yourself wherever and however you might, here are some of the reasons for finally initiating an idea that's been percolating a good 83 days... at least.

Accountability. I wish to increase the frequency with which I .. do stuff. Really, just about anything. Life can easily grow mundane once working a full-time schedule in the grown-up, I-now-have-a-career world. My little aspirations really range and vary, and in and of themselves are nothing earth shattering. But, this aside, I feel myself growing a wee bit bored and frustrated with myself. If I have a window from which to display some of my accomplishments (perhaps better articulated as 'life happenings'), and the freedom of reflection (no pun intended), I may at least have the perception of achieving more of the little things that intrigue me, and really, bring me great pleasure.

Reflection. As just mentioned. I'd like to get inside myself a little more. Create a log of my thoughts. See what direction they are going (or growing), what are some of my thought-themes? Find answers to my questions. Be able to return to them tangibly.

I have managed to avoid my main premise upon which I finally decided to build this blog. So, the grande finale? The final inspiring factor? I'm afraid it may seem a touch shallow, but it does return to the notion of accountability. Recently, as of November 1/2012, I decided I'd like to go on a clothes diet. Since graduating university, and having extra spending pennies, I trade most of them away for sartorial items. I am a little unsettled by my own behavior, especially considering there was a time in my life when I refused to purchase anything other than second-hand items. Thus, a cleanse is in order.

And, specifically, why is a blog necessary for this?

I have been reading a few fashion blogs as of late (outfit inspiration!) and I read something today that perfectly aligned with my year long commitment. Rebecca Stice, of The Clothes Horse, does a weekly post on the remixing of particular items in her closet. She mentions now and again the idea of wearing pieces over and over again, but never styling them the same way twice: creativity necessary.

Thus, here begins a year of remixing. Follow me along the way to observe my nongrowing, growing wardrobe; I think, hope, and declare, it will be fun!

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment